Summer cannot get here soon enough! If the thought of wearing a bikini has you nervous, there’s still time to get your beach body back! (you look at it hanging and think, ”just a few more days and I’ll be better!”) Everyone dreams of (and loves) a body where a woman has defined hamstrings, a booty, and toned arms, but that takes work. Don’t worry, I’m not talking about extreme, unsafe diets that deprive you of food and leave you feeling tired or irritated.
Exercising regularly and eating a healthy diet are the two ways to look and feel your best on the beach and beyond. But if your sun-destination vacation is right around the corner, follow these easy tips to look fantastic in your bikini.
Before switching up your fitness or eating plan, take a look at your current lifestyle habits and identify possible changes. Set attainable goals you know you can stick with.
[“I’m too a beach girl at heart but have never been much of a gym junkie; I’m more about exploring wherever I am. I’m happy to practice wherever, but favor hot yoga when I can”]
- Eat clean. Cut back on carbs, focus on small, balanced meals every 3-4 hours. If you usually have lunch on-the-go or in a hurry, think of this as a time to linger and enjoy every bite. Eat foods that fight cellulite (e.g. flaxseeds, dark-colored berries like blueberries and blackberries) and remember to drink lots of water! Ease on your sodium levels; potassium-rich foods help balance out if you’ve accidentally had a little too much salt. A banana or some coconut water is a great fix. If your energy dips down, add some more fruits, sweet potatoes, brown rice, or oatmeal to the meal plan.
- It is no secret that protein consumed throughout the day gives better weight loss while preserving more lean mass – the ultimate goal for the ideal beach body. The goal isn’t necessarily to lose weight- instead, to make you feel toned, healthy, and comfortable with getting into your new bathing suit- fast! Want a little extra help to get rid of bloat, try these…
- Add a squeeze of lemon to your water all day long (Beach Babes love keepin’ it zesty).
- Sip on peppermint tea the night before.
- Add a little spiciness to your homemade juice and throw a piece of ginger into the mix!
- If it’s grillin’ time, throw some asparagus on the BBQ.
- Increase the intensity of your workouts. Include a mix of high-intensity cardio and strength training. Working out twice a day can be exhausting long term, but it’s totally doable and confidence-boosting if you try it for a week! Remember to take a rest. Sleep 7-9 hours every night.
- A strong, firm core is on everybody’s beach body checklist. You can sneak extra core training into your workout by selecting exercises that require extra core strength. Every set of swim trunks and bikini bottoms look better with a set of well-developed glutes!
- No beach body is complete without a trim waist. Start sculpting the upper back that your beach body needs by adding bent over rows to your training program.
- Increase your non-exercise physical activity to enhance your training and make it easier to maintain a beach body well into fall. Simple changes like using the stairs, walking for relaxation instead of channel surfing, and being active on the weekends can make a big difference.
It’s time to get started. The beach body you’ve always wanted is closer than you think. Stop fearing the bikini season. Feel confident enough to toss on your bikini and strut your stuff in summer. Show off for your hubby, leave your S.O. in awe, and feel comfortable as you hit the beach, live the lake life, and toast the summer sun. And to flaunt that hottest bods, check out cheeky styles @LOVZme.