As trends come and go, there’s one staple piece that always remains in our closets: a solid pair of jeans. When the season changes, so do the washes and cuts, and I’m here to tell you about the hottest picks and their coolest match that will blow you away. If you’re the kind of person who agonizes over what to wear when you’re going out somewhere which requires you to make a bit of an effort, but still with a casual bent, then this post is for you!
- A blouse with an asymmetrical element is even better than a ‘normal’ short top. Leaving the blouse untucked makes for a relaxed, casual-chic look. To add some extra punch throw on an asymmetrical necklace and vintage sunglasses (this makes me look cool! At least I’d like to think so…).
- To make the cropped flare jeans appropriate for a casual work outfit or event, pair a darker rinse crop flare jean with a structured, menswear-inspired button-down or collared shirt in a ticking stripe. Either tuck in completely or do a stylish partial tuck in the front waistband only. Add a blazer or cropped jacket to add even more polish to your look.
- Wear a slim shirt with a high-waisted jean and tuck in to emphasize your waist. You can wear a button front blouse tied at your waist without the danger of showing any midriff. Choose block heels to elongate your legs and still be more comfortable and easy to walk in.
- Try a pair of white cropped jeans with a colorful peasant blouse and espadrilles for a stylish warm-weather look.
- Choosing a blouse in luxe fabric can really lift your look. Opt for silk and pair of heels and you’re ready for drinks with friends, or dinner with your other half.
- A simple, but stunning, way to give jeans a dressed-up edge is to team your denim with a sequined or embellished top. Voluminous tops are all the rage at the moment, and they can enhance your curves if you have them, and create some if you don’t. You don’t have to worry about being practical if you’re heading out, balance out trendy bell sleeves or big bows with bootcut and flared jeans (as long as you don’t dip them into your meal!).
- When it comes to easy, yet stylish outfits, it’s hard to beat a blazer with jeans combo. You can wear a blazer with everything from skinny jeans, to a boyfriend style or flares. Lace is usually associated with occasion wear, to dress it up even more, add a blazer. (For a more casual vibe, I love delicate lace teamed with a tough biker jacket!)
- A tuxedo with jeans is a stylish and very hip option for an evening out. Boardrooms, presentations, meetings do not have to be a denim free zone. Choose darker blues and black hues for a more professional look. To keep the look pulled together, veer towards the direction of shoes you might otherwise wear at the office. Think structured pumps, professional-looking wedges, and well-fitting flats.
- Black and white is always a beautiful option. You can either stick entirely to neutrals or choose to add a pop of color, such as red.
- Black jeans both embrace trends and transcend them — wear them as part of a streetwear-inspired get-up or pair them with a blazer and expect to get into a fancy restaurant.
There you have it! Your ultimate guide on what to wear with jeans! I hope this has given you the advice you need and inspired you to wear jeans year-round! Stay Stylish, Stay tuned for my upcoming posts!